The Rotary Club of Traverse City was chartered in 1920 and years later purchased over 500 acres of land southeast of Traverse City. Rotary Camps & Services was formed in 1955 to steward additional purchases and landholdings. After the 1976 discovery of oil on the Camp Greilick property, Rotary Charities of Traverse City was founded in 1977 to steward the financial resources and give back to the community. Today, the Traverse City Rotary Club, Rotary Camps & Services, and Rotary Charities are separate but related organizations working to steward the legacy of Rotary in the Grand Traverse Region through service, recreation, and philanthropy.
Rotary Camps & Services envisions a region with thriving ecosystems and abundant access for all to water, land, and recreational opportunities.
In 1999, Rotary Charities donated $2.5 million to the Community Foundation to establish the Rotary Endowment. The Endowment connects the shared work of Rotary Charities and the Community Foundation of promoting philanthropy to enrich the quality of life in our region. Today, the Rotary Endowment provides an opportunity for individual Rotarians and local Rotary Clubs in our five-county service region to have their philanthropic support matched by the Community Foundation.
Rotary Clubs in Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau Counties are eligible to request up to $3,000 on an annual basis, providing a $1-to-$1 match of giving chartered by the Rotary Club to eligible organizations.
Individual Rotarians in good standing with one of the regional Rotary Clubs in Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau Counties are eligible to request up to $250 on an annual basis, providing a $1-to$1 match of donations made to eligible organizations.
Learn more about the Rotary Endowment, and find match request forms on the Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation website.