Ready to learn? Let us help!
The Learning Fund provides financial support for changemakers and their teams to pursue professional development opportunities, including technical, operational, and transformational learning opportunities.
How it Works
Individuals may apply for assistance from the Learning Fund of up to $500 and up to $2,000 per organization per Rotary Charities' fiscal year (July through June). Matching funds are not required.
- Applicants must be affiliated as a volunteer, board member, or staff of a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, unit of government, or Native nation serving Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska or Leelanau Counties.
Approval of Learning Fund requests will be made based on:
- Broad alignment with the mission, vision, and guiding principles of Rotary Charities
- Ability of learning experience to foster one or more of the following:
- Supportive capacities to help changemakers work better together
- Capacities to support systems change
- Capacities to support community development
- Ability of applicants to describe how the learning opportunity will increase their capacity to meet their mission, improve their work, or help create community impact
- Description of financial need
- Support through the Learning Fund is typically not available for programs already underwritten by Rotary Charities (ie. Leadership Learning Lab or Leadership Coaching Cohort). Funding is not available for school tuition and material expenses, consultant support, strategic planning, or travel and lodging expenses.
How to Apply
- Learning Fund requests are accepted throughout the year via the online application below.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email immediately and notification of approval or denial within two weeks (typically sooner).
- Payments will be made in our next regularly scheduled check run at the middle or end of the month. Checks will be made to payable to organizations, not individuals.
- Participants must complete a brief Learning Fund Evaluation Survey within 30 days of completing the learning experience. Survey results will be used to help adapt the program.
Contact Kendra Luta with questions.
Learning Experience Resources
If you haven't found the right learning experience for you and your team yet, check out these Learning Experiences.